Sunday, May 19, 2013

Reflections

It's been a long time since the last post... And all I can say is that God is amazing, and it's crazy how far God has brought me in these past few years!

Just a few reflections:
God often has strange ways of doing things, but he works through all sorts of things, even strange people like myself (1 Corinthians 1:18 - 2:5). I've been seeing a whole lot more of my own weaknesses, but I know that at the same time the only one I need to please is God, and he's already pleased because of what Christ has done

Being in a close relationship with someone really allows you to see a lot more of your sin. I've certainly seen a lot more of my own ever since starting a relationship with Shirley, and I'm sure marriage will bring this out even more. But looking forward to what's in store nonetheless!

Rest is an amazing gift from God. It reminds me that this world will end one day, and that all the difficult times will be left behind. Rest reminds me that God is the one in control. It allows me to sit back and watch the hand of God at work. It reminds me that I am absolutely powerless in the whole scheme of things, but that God has included my in his work nonetheless. And what an amazing privilege that is!

The Church is an amazing creation, as it is the body of Christ, and carries out God's work in this world. Being a part of it is a tremendous privilege and amazing joy even though the church we currently see is so imperfect. But I look forward to seeing how God will bring his good work into completion :)

The mind is a powerful tool, and can be so easily affected by outside influences of this world that can lead me astray. The heart is also deceitful, and mine's certainly got a lot of issues that need to be dealt with. Thank You Holy Spirit for working on it :)

I Pray...
That in understanding my own sin much more, I will learn more about how deep God's love really is in forgiving me for my sins, and how great was the sacrifice of His Son (Romans 5:8).

That in view of God's mercy I may lay my life down as a living sacrifice for my great God (Romans 12:1)

That my love may abound more and more in the knowledge and depth of insight so that I may discern what is best and may be pure and blameless on the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God (Philippians 1:9-11)

And... I pray all the same for my lovely fiancee, and for the whole church of God - all my brothers and sisters - those I know and those I have yet to meet one day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment